Your honeymoon will probably be one of the most significant holidays you take in your whole life, so it’s crucial to make sure you find the most perfect destination around. Depending on your budget, you may be able to travel across the world for your honeymoon to exotic overseas spots that you’d never normally be able to see. Even on a tight budget, there are some fantastic and romantic destinations right here in Australia. Either way, there’s definitely a honeymoon spot out there that’s ready and waiting for you and your new spouse.
- Bali: The gorgeous island of Bali has long been a hotspot for couples looking to escape their everyday lives for something a little more special. Filled with stunning beaches, relaxing hidden gems, and a killer nightlife, there’s no shortage of fun and romance on the island. Don’t settle for a normal hotel room when it comes to your honeymoon – find the best villas seminyak and experience the luxurious beauty that Bali has to offer.
- Thailand: Inexpensive and packed with lovely romantic getaway spots, Thailand is a great choice for couples looking to get the most bang for their buck on their honeymoon. The island of Ko Samiu is a particularly popular destination thanks to its pristine beaches and adventure sport opportunities. There are also some great luxury hotels on the island offering spa deals for honeymooners and carefully decorated romantic rooms.
- Hunter Valley, NSW: If you want a honeymoon closer to home, try Hunter Valley. It’s ideal for couples that want to fill their honeymoon with delicious food and good quality wine, without spending a fortune on international flights. You’ll find stunning rural views and a variety of unique boutique hotels scattered across the region, so take your pick.
- Greece: For those who want to head to Europe for their honeymoon, Greece is definitely one of the most romantic countries in the world. The island of Santorini is a great choice for honeymooners, particularly if you avoid tourist season by going at a quieter time of year. The sparkling blue water and picturesque white houses make the ideal backdrop for your honeymoon snaps. Island hopping is a great way to explore Greece without sacrificing your much-needed beach time.
- Paris, France: Another popular European honeymoon destination, Paris is perfect for couples with a larger budget and dreams of a cultured, metropolitan honeymoon. With world-famous museums, thousands of incredible restaurants, and romantic boat rides along the Seine, Paris is truly unique when it comes to holiday hotspots. Pick a luxurious hotel in a fairly central location in the city so you can walk freely from place to place, taking in all of the world-famous views.
- The Great Barrier Reef: Sticking to an Australian honeymoon destination could allow you to splash some cash on your accommodation and activities while you’re there. The best place to do that is definitely the Great Barrier Reef. You can spend that budget money on scuba diving and travelling around the islands while enjoying one of Australia’s most luxurious resorts. It’s a great spot for couples that love to have an adventure while they holiday, and want to experience as much of the great outdoors as possible during their special week away from the world together.